View Single Post
Old 11.24.2021, 07:06 PM   #25034
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses

Cause it recently dropped on Disney+

What worked: The acting, the emotional core. It features an overall likeable and very talented cast. Special props to Awkwafina and Tony Chiu- Wai Leung. The practical stunts were well-choreographed and the cinematography was solid. I also liked the whole strength-in-gentleness theme weaving itself through the plot - not a big spoiler there.

What didn't: The overblown CGI-fest towards the end. I thought that some of the CGI was especially poor in this one. It's hard to be invested in grandiose scenes if nothing going on seems to be taking place on the same plane of existence. The final act in general wasn't quite as well-crafted as what came before. One plot-detail seemed to have been dropped last-minute or just not that well-established beforehand. That was a bit jarring. I also feel like that final act could have been cut down significantly.

Overall, an enjoyable, yet somewhat uneven watch.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|