View Single Post
Old 11.12.2021, 07:42 PM   #25026
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hey antagon did you have problems with the projection/aspect ratio/cut off subtitles?

i did, looks like a lot of other people did too

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMCsAList/c...n_wrong_ratio/

I did, yeah. It was especially difficult sitting in one of the back rows - pertaining to the subtitles. Plus, the theater I watched it at shows movies in their original language, but with German subtitles. So on top of the original subtitles, the screen was also cluttered with another set of subs whenever someone spoke something other than English. Funnily enough, the German subs added in post were spaced more conveniently and more legible than the in-movie subs. But at the same time it was obvious they watered the information down significantly - unfortunately a common practice in translational subtitling - I've taken courses. So I was torn between the more accurate original subtitles - which were a bit of a chore to read due to the format, and the more legible German ones, which took away some of the charme. It was weird. But nothing a cross-eyed compromise couldn't solve.

But it didn't take much away from the experience. I'm glad this was the movie I got to see on the big screen after such a long time.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|