View Single Post
Old 11.12.2021, 05:06 PM   #25024
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses

The first movie I watched at a movie theater in two years (The Lighthouse had been my last one before the pandemic hit). Fortunately, the crowd at the arthouse-ish theater was responsible, i.e. masked.

I may be in the minority here, but I enjoyed it a lot more than Anderson's previous movie "Isle Of Dogs". So what if it's an anthology movie with stories that only overlap thematically and don't have an overarching, interwoven plot? This is an hommage to the craft of journalistic storytelling. And it's damn poignant and emotionally resonant. Some beats hit home especially hard in light of the situation we've been in globally for the last two years - even though principal photography ended before the pandemic. It just hit the right notes with me.

Also, probably one of Anderson's most frantic works so far - there's so much going on that a second or third viewing is probably recommended. And visually, it's absolutely stunning. This is in no way a lesser Anderson. I think it's up there with his classics.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|