View Single Post
Old 11.08.2021, 03:21 PM   #25022
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
Yeah, there's an element of that. The best way to see it, is seeing it knowing as little as possible, but not sure if you've already read anything on it.
read nothing but saw the trailer. i think i might have missed it....

--

anyway, saw the glorious DUNE

visually amazing, storywise pretty much straighforward/by the book, with minor modifications (eg, brief chani opening). i gotta say, i sorta missed david lynch's camp in this.

i don't know what other people are making out of this but i think the version finally does honor to the original novel. the casting is also great. having said that... maybe it lacks authorial imprint on the filmmaker's part? lynch's version sure didn't (he probably read the anxiety of influence in college or something lol.*)

but anyway, great spectacle, and the book is legend, so... 2.5 hours well spent.

--

* actually he would have been shooting eraserhead at the afi when that book came out
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|