View Single Post
Old 02.14.2021, 06:37 PM   #3347
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
As we've established earlier, you're better at separating the art from the artist than I am - I could never watch Father Ted considering the dark and deeply personally impactful rabbithole Glinner's pissed his life down.
father ted died of a heart attack the day after the show ended or something. dougal still lives, i saw him on some silly show, but he'll never match that role.

the thing with me is i know a bunch of artist and writers and can attest--everyone is fucked up. anybody hoping for some saint in their artists is delusional. actually even the saints are fucked up folk. hero worship is idiotic and all human shit stinks.

so i can condemn a behavior without damning a person (but let's face it, most artists are damned).

i can condemn a person too--but it takes a lot.

i don't care so much who makes what, but the skewering that the irish church gets on father ted is incomparable, and that's what makes the show so good, and as an ex-catholic it makes me laugh hard.

i don't know who made the egyptian pyramids or the gothic cathedrals or what the three stoges did in their spare time. im sure it was all a bloody mess.

i mean if 40 years from now i condemn you because you said you wish my country was destroyed... lmao. nope. i'm not that silly. people say shit.

i really want you to do well in life. and i forgive your future fuckups. which will inevitably occur if you're alive. ego te absolvo
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|