View Single Post
Old 12.21.2020, 08:49 AM   #42733
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Just attended a video conference to talk about a translation I had drafted with a colleague for university. There was another group still in talks before us. I logged off for a moment to solve a few technical difficulties. When I came back, they were still talking, but one of the team members was missing.

When the tutor said goodbye to the team, she added "And I hope your colleague will schwurbel less next time". "Schwurbeln" or to "schwurbel" originally meant "to talk nonsense" in German. But in recent history, it's become synonymous with spreading disinformation or conspiracy theories about the Covid-situation.

Part of me was amused by the sheer bizarreness of something like that coming up in a conversation about an unrelated translation process, another part of me was elated I had apparently missed the BS-storm. People be losing their goddamn minds right now.

Antagon is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|