View Single Post
Old 11.02.2020, 05:33 PM   #3272
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
thanks for correction. I thought her character was awesome. it made me mad to hear they removed it for such a stupid reason.
Yeah, Madame Gao was awesome. I had wondered why they didn't do more stories with her. Apparently the writers were initially going to write more in-depth looks into those characters' lives but had to scrap that at Loeb's command. This is infuriating, considering some of the themes this show, especially Season 1, is touching upon. I mean, look at the victims of one bald white mogul in Season 1 - many of them are ethnic minorities struggling to get by in an area that gets increasingly hostile towards residents that aren't millionaires. There's a strong critique of corporate interests in gentrification in there. And it illustrates how far those with power are willing to go to maintain that power - those without a voice always being the casualties of their egocentric pursuits. To find out that behind the scenes things were this way is jarring, to say the least.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|