View Single Post
Old 10.11.2020, 12:56 AM   #15813
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses

Mudhoney 1990-08-24 Reading Festival [au-] [Dimitroy edit 2020]

"I remember the first time I ever heard about the Reading festival was right when I joined Nirvana [September 1990], and we were having a barbecue in Krist Novoselic's backyard, and Danny Peters, the drummer of Mudhoney, was at the barbecue, and we were talking and I said, 'What's the biggest crowd Mudhoney's ever played to?' and he said: 'Well, about 35,000.' And I was like, 'WHAT?! Where the fuck did Mudhoney play to 35,000 people?' And he said, 'Oh, there's this festival in England called the Reading Festival.'

And I couldn't imagine that 35,000 people would listen to the same kind of music that we do, you know? So the first time I went there I was blown away that the bill was like Dinosaur Jr, The Melvins, Mudhoney and Babes in Toyland, Iggy Pop, Sonic Youth, it was nuts. And there were so many people, I didn't know if that could happen in America. Because that was right before any of the alternative stuff blew up, so it just seemed to me that it was so cool that it was a big rock festival for good music rather than the kind that you used to get where you hear Bon Jovi and shit like that."

—Dave Grohl

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|