Thread: religion
View Single Post
Old 08.05.2006, 08:40 PM   #150
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I believe that it was the learned people of their time who believed that the shape of a plant indicated what medicinal use it had, and that our sickness and heath was dictated by a balance of four humors, among other theories - and they were sometimes right. Now, assuming divine guidance of that sort is absolutely unthinkable, they were completely off the mark. But they were the scientists, and it did seem to work. They, in fact, did discover important connections, but through a completely faulty way. Yet they believed whole-heartedly that they were correct, because as scientists they had the authority on it.

Now that we've mastered that art and realize how wrong we were, there are other things to master. Origin is one of them, and with all the theories and postulations floating around the scientific and philosophical communities, we are probably nowhere near the truth - even though certain aspects might seem to make sense. In this case, I agree - we'll never know. But to assume that the assumptions of the scientifically learned are any more conclusive at this point is simply following another kind of crowd (and I beg to differ - many, many scientists, even those setting out to disprove God, have actually come to the conclusion that there is evidence).
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|