View Single Post
Old 06.28.2020, 05:21 AM   #15151
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Nirvana at the bottom of the bill in late August 1991 - it was a matter of fuckin' hours before they'd become MEGATONIEXPONENTIALLY bigger than all the other bands listed there combined.

Nevermind was released on September 24, 1991. Before that they were practically unknown still. I went to a festival the next weekend where they played as well. See the schedule:

I only went the second day, and didn't see Nirvana because we went to see Black Francis. Which was a bit disappointing solo. Anyway. Nirvana was in the smaller venue playing a 45 minute set and Smashing Pumpkins played a one hour set on the big stage. Gish was released in May 1991.

Magnapop were the winners that night, they were invited to play an impromptu set on the Sunday on the main stage (probably either before or after Black Francis), and they kicked so much ass. Sonic Youth we saw the first three to four songs and then we left, we didn't know them and we were tired. And for the rest all I can recall is that the female guitarist of Charming Children was chewing gum.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|