View Single Post
Old 03.27.2020, 01:02 AM   #52532
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
I recently went on a John Coltrane splurge buying and listening to few albums. Soaking it all up and seeing if I get the love. I've decided that she is by far the more enjoyable to listen to.

That's not to say Coltrane doesn't have some alright stuff but give me Alice Coltrane any day.

I've been in the same mode after watching a Chasin' The 'Trane on Netflix. It wasn't the best documentary, but there was some home movies that almost made me weep. It wasn't the serious, searching Coltrane you see in all the album covers. It was a guy goofing off in his robe with his children and dog, smiling. His warmth and spirit really radiated from that footage and I've been listening to his playing differently ever since.

You may have gotten to them already, but check out the albums they both played on together. Alice plays piano on Live at the Village Vanguard Again! and Expression, amongst many others. Her playing may have pushed him further 'out', but that warm aura from her albums is also on those 2.
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|