View Single Post
Old 07.16.2019, 09:22 AM   #6901
GravitySlips
children of satan

GravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
dog whistle politics is one thing: “birth certificate” means “kenyan muslim” means “n—“ and in the removal of those steps there is a lot of room for denial and excuses

but this shit is no longer dog whistle, the frequencies that only some can hear (see: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-whistle_politics ). this motherfucker is bringing out the marching band and having a parade in the streets.

next thing we’ll be having some sort of kristallnacht.

fuck making any more excuses for these weasels.

“oh maybe what he meant was...”

NO

Of course I agree with you, his language is beyond the pale and if normality were to prevail, this hysterical, emotionally-driven clown would've been removed from office a long time ago.

I believe the overton window of what's acceptable has shifted so far that a US President (or Trump, at least) can now say things like that without any real repercussions, unfortunately. I don't know how you fight that - of course it needs highlighting, and perhaps the Democrats need to move towards the centre ground to win over people like Demonrail who may not necessary be part of Trump's "legion".
GravitySlips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|