View Single Post
Old 07.05.2019, 11:11 PM   #24101
HenryHill51
little trouble girl

HenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's asses
Recently seen:

"Transit" (2019)- Christian Petzold is one of the best filmmakers in the world today and this one is yet another masterpiece, fusing the encroachment of 1930's German Nationalism with the fear mongering of our current immigration status as people strive to secure travel visas and escape. It's a brilliant hall of mirrors thriller.

"Honeysuckle Rose" (1980)- Luxuriates in Willie Nelson's cosmic cowboy vibe. Don't expect much of a plot, just a look at aimless stardom and honkeytonk music. Plus Slim Pickens.

"The Last Black Man In San Francisco" (2019)- I wish someone would infuse MY city with that much lyricism and depth. And the soundtrack, wow.

"Under the Silver Lake" (2018)- I adore Mitchell's previous films, and while this very strange sunshine noir has its moments of slacker greatness, it feels like the director is playing with us, never wanting us to take anything seriously but hoping we swallow it all as the second coming of Robert Altman's "The Long Goodbye".

"His Kind of Woman" (1951)- Robert Mitchum doing his usual tough-guy routine as a degenerate gambler sent to Mexico for something sinister. Then Vincent Price shows up and this thing turns weird very quickly.
HenryHill51 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|