Thread: the other news
View Single Post
Old 06.17.2019, 05:48 PM   #535
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It's not Maoist. Mao wanted to accelerate revolution, whereas Accelerationism is a specific social theory that works WITH (rather than against) the very thing it seeks to overcome by pushing it to its extreme until it becomes so untenable that it forces a revolutionary response. I wasn't being 100% serious in advocating it but, nonetheless, it's totally unrelated to Maoism.
oh, that was the wrong... end. mao was all about “contradiction”. his rework of hegel et. al.

see:
https://www.marxists.org/reference/a...1/mswv1_17.htm

once i had to deal with some fucking maoists who wanted no peace but were all about exacerbating/intensifying/making obvious the “contradictions,” and some things might have been lost in translation (and memory) when i said accelerate.

and maybe that wasn’t the official party line, but your idea reminded me of that—embracing the “contradiction” and pushing it till it “resolves”

i had never heard of this accelerationism business, so i had no referent for it, and will now go looking for info.

but see, one can find maoism even in the unmentionable. i will go post that link in its thread because i want no part of that here.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|