View Single Post
Old 06.11.2019, 11:16 AM   #5590
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I've only just started it but the basic idea is that the censorship of ideas has no place within universities and that the 'progressive' or 'Woke' Left responsible for much of this needs to up its game and start debating its opponents rather than merely trying to silence them, if only as a way of sharpening and strengthening its own position.
that is partially the result of politics as belief. i started thinking about that the other day when you described the liberal democrats opportunism/lack of beliefs. i nodded, but the word “belief” kept rattling in my head. this is where we have settled. politics becomes not the rational contest for the running of the polis but a matter of religious faith.

in response to that previous thing, i thought that liberals do hold some values as somewhat “sacred” but deal more with pragmatic agendas than with utopias, and could therefore appear as opportunistic. but i’m not saying that’s the case with your liberal democrats (whom i don’t really know), just with the notion in the abstract. the faithless appear fickle to the faithful.

as for the religion bit: it’s all about credos these days, isn’t it? there is a serious split and a loss of common ground that has made everyone more intolerant. plus a kind of repetitive strain fatigue: the same fucking dumb interactions over and over and over. so people begin to take practical shortcuts.

personally i try to be tolerant when possible and engage in dialogue, but at the same time i’ve had it up to my last nut with certain specimens, and will shoot both barrels at a moment’s notice. which is not running away from discussion, but engaging it in more brutal fashion than usual. i mean, life is too short to spend it entertaining the mentally ill. i take uncle bill’s advice.

speaking of the deluded woke (i often treat them with the same kind of irritation as i do the magas), there was an article in the washington post yesterday about how a bakery just won $11 million from oberlin college in a lawsuit for having been framed and boycotted as racist by school administrators. turned out the baker was just trying to stop an underage shoplifter from pinching some wine bottles from his store, and a political clusterfuck ensued. lol college! home of the holy inquisition.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|