Thread: the other news
View Single Post
Old 05.26.2019, 06:42 AM   #496
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Out of curiosity I looked at the prices for digital-only subscriptions to The Times and the Telegraph. Once you've exhausted the trial discount periods they both want £26 a month. That's crazy money for an online-only subscription.
oh that’s probably not how it works

first you do the trial subscription

when it’s about to expire you call to cancel (they make you call, sometimes just chat)

that’s when you say “meh” and they offer you a deep discount

i pay $4/mo for the nyt down from the standard $16. i don’t really read it a lot. i told them i pay $4 for washington post and they matched it. it’s more a reference than an actual newspaper. lots of stupid shit. [but paul krugman is great]

barron’s (weekly) plus marketwatch (24h ongoing) $11mo, half their nominal $20+ price tag

wsj they say it’s $40, but it’s really $20 (im not getting it right now)

the economist works different, i didn’t get a chance to bargain? it’s $45 per quarter ($15/mo)

the ft supposedly sells for like $600/yr but i got an offer for $250 which comes to 20-ish a month (did not take it at the time as i was trying to sort things)

etc.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|