View Single Post
Old 04.21.2019, 12:09 AM   #138
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Sometimes (most of the time) all news is shit, and sometimes it's something phenomenal that you've been waiting for twenty. fuckin'. YEARS. (Seriously, I have). From Smog Veil Records:

Quote:
HERE WE GO:

OK FRIENDS: as many of you have surmised and/or read, all of us at Smog Veil Records have been working for the last 10 years to create the definitive Peter Laughner retrospective. I am pleased to announce that the box set is now in production, and the wait is nearly over.

In cooperation with Peter's estate and his many collaborators, the box set will contain the definitive statement of Peter's musical talents and additionally showcase his writings and the many works he created with a variety of talented friends. Smog Veil's research team has looked in every basement, attic, and corner to uncover numerous gems and we are pleased to be able to place Peter's work on display.

Many of the 56 songs contained in the release are seeing the light of day for the very first time. All songs have been carefully mastered and sonically upgraded from the best possible sources by the Grammy-nominated team of Jeff Lipton and Maria Rice at Peerless Mastering. The box set also contains a 100 page book of photos and writings. Two box set formats will be available: 5 LPs or 5 CDs, and both formats contain an identical box, book, and track listing.

Pre-sale for the box set will begin in May, and at that time, we'll reveal more details about the release. A special pre-order only bonus will be included and this bonus will not be sold separately or in stores.

I cannot thank enough the Smog Veil team and Peter's estate and collaborators for their diligence in creating this definitive work. The time and care they put into this release is without compare. Over the course of the last 10 years, the friendships we forged to make this release happen and the stories we collected reveal a history of Cleveland independent music that is the stuff of legends. I know our many fans will appreciate the release we are about to deliver and I thank each and every one of our fans for their patience.

As mentioned above, the box set is in production. Test pressings have been approved; all art and layouts have been completed by the team of Johnny Dromette and Ron Kretsch. We are awaiting the final book proofs and once those are approved, we'll be able to announce the release date.

We look forward to revealing more details, stay tuned here and at our Facebook and Twitter pages for more to come.

Come year's end, no need to vote for the best archival release of 2019, that's for shit fucking sure now... WOW.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|