View Single Post
Old 03.07.2019, 06:54 PM   #23682
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i sorta laughed in the end because of her walking companion lololo

i didnt like the weak plot. i mean there was a story, but shit just happened without a lot of structure or motivation.

in a way i appreciated the end titles which explain the sources. a bit like psycho with the need to clarify things haha, but it works for me in that it lets me put into perspective the whole thing.

also did not enjoy the utter lack of contrast in the dark. had to tweak the controls to extremes to be able to see. which i assume was against the atmosphere the thing tried to convey, but still...

the... no, it wasn’t boring. had a good atmosphere. i was just... it felt quite haphazard storywise. but then in retrospective i though “okay... i accept that”.

Huh. Well, I liked it. Thought it was really well-made and pretty original.

I’m really partial to art-house movies that sort of masquerade as horror movies and get away with it because there’s one or two proper horror sequences.

There’s another one.. AHHH, I forget the name!

It’s about a severely autistic (maybe schizophrenic as well) adult child living with his parents — a duke and duchess of some fancy English villa — and when he goes off his medication shit starts to get crayyyyyyzy.

I fucking can’t remember for the LIFE of me what it’s called, but it’s billed as horror, but it’s really not. It’s just a goddamn psychological trip.

Fuck, anyone know what I’m talking about?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|