View Single Post
Old 02.15.2019, 11:47 AM   #5440
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Every single one of these seems as though they are exact reasons why he deserves a movie tbh

Agree. In my opinion, the hardest part would be marketing him to non-comic-book readers and preventing it from looking like a Batman ripoff.

Let’s be honest, Moon Knight, like Daredevil and honestly Iron Man, started out very much as a Batman ripoff. At least aesthetically. And when he became a hero instead of a villain.

Rich guy with butler goes on odyssey, has experience with elemental thing that informs elemental-thing-themed crimefighting efforts.

But the multiple personalities is a strong angle, as is the god shit. Now, he’s very much his own thing, like Daredevil — whose womanizing, Irish Catholic guilt and borderline personality disorder narcissism have set him apart. And Deadpool, who started as such a massive Deathstroke rip that it actually became a joke, has his own thing going on too.

I am all for it, and always have been.
And the fact that there’s a Batman shaped hole in the current superhero movie space also helps. I hope whatever they do with “THE BATMAN” is held off indefinitely, because fuck that shot. It’s like rebooting The Godfather at this point.

That said, I don’t know if Refn’s the guy for the job. But do you k kw what is funny?
When casting a potential post-Nolan Batman movie in my head, I picked the EXACT SAME ACTOR/DIRECTOR PAIR!!!

Then I saw “ARRIVAL” and “Blade Runner 2049” and decided Denis Villeneuve would probably be a more realistic (and perfectly suited) choice.

And slap some brown hair dye on Gosling’s golden locks, and you’ve got yourself a Bruce Wayne! Do a Court or Owls story where a young Batman is driven mad by a group of faceless aristocratic Illuminati types who poison him, and you have yourself a fresh Batman story with no need for an impossible Joker recast.

(Fun fact, Gosling auditioned for the role of Joker in THAT MOVIE WHICH SHALL NOT BE NAMED FOR A WHILE) and didn’t get it, because Ledger, who was approached to play *Batman* in Begins not said, “Nah, I’m on some serious actor shit now,” saw said film and decided he needed to be a part of what Nolan was doing. The rest is history!)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|