View Single Post
Old 02.09.2019, 09:59 PM   #23575
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Tarantino seems stuck in perpetual adolescence, trying a bit too hard to impress everyone with all the 'cool' obscure movies he's seen. It's something he really should've grown out of by now. Not just as a filmmaker but as a person. I can't even listen to his dialogue anymore without feeling that none of his characters are actually talking; they're just quoting Quentin Tarantino to one another. It's autism masquerading as auteurism.

I don’t give a shit what it is, Kill Bill is a fucking blast.

Except for the utterly bleak moments in volume 2, which are a downer...

But it’s a fun, kickass movie, well-made, knowingly silly and also dramatic at weird times. It’s fun as hell.

Tarantino released one of the greatest movies ever, and people think that means anything that isn’t profound or perfect (as Pulp Fiction is) is a failure. Well fuck that shit.

Did anyone see Kill Bill in the theater? It was more fun than any action film released at that point in the decade.

It also did the important job of winning back some casual viewers, after the too-smart-for-most Jackie Brown, which is sad but part of the deal.

Nolan released Batman so he could make Prestige. Did the sequel so he could do Inception. Did the third so he could do whatever the fuck he wanted forever, and we got Interstellar and Dunkirk.

Indie filmmakers who want to stay relevant and draw viewers have to make the occasional mass-appeal flick, and Kill Bill is about the most badass mass-appeal flick ever (not counting the aforementioned Batfilms which I promised Slambang I wouldn’t talk about for a while).

I don’t believe ANY of you didn’t enjoy Kill Bill. Tell me you didn’t, I’ll call you liars.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|