View Single Post
Old 02.09.2019, 12:23 PM   #23565
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
My main problem with Tarantino is that every single shot of every single film, and pretty much every scene at that, can be traced to another earlier film. People like to say "oh it's a homage!" Nah, it ain't a homage. Scorcese referencing the lost weekend in taxi driver (the shot with the aspirin bubbling in the glass of water) is a homage. Stealing every shot without a hint of originality of your own is just theft. Plus I'll never forget Mark Kermode pointing out that every character sounds the same is/sounds like Tarantino. Once I heard that it was a "holy shit so they do!" moment.

Don't get me wrong Pulp Fiction and so on are enjoyable but is he as brilliant as everyone seems to think? Fuck no.

Fuck him. Hack.

Edit:And if anyone throws that Picasso line of great artists stealing I will hunt you down and stab you.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|