View Single Post
Old 01.20.2019, 02:20 PM   #11522
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
okay, but here is where i thought the calculus was changing: that with tv deal, global fandom, the latest world cup, the rising tide was lifting ALL of the prem’s boats above bundesliga & etc. big six or no big six.

maybe this was premature

But if everyone moves up together, you're no closer to the holy grail of European football than you were when you started. As rich as the Prem is, there's still only 4 CL places and 3 EC ones. And no matter how rich you are, the top players still want to play in Europe.

Quote:
anyway guys im sorry it’s so gloomy up on those heights riiiiiight below the clouds lol

Honestly, it doesn't bother me. Of course it'd be nice to know what it's like to win something big but really my idea of a good season is a top half finish, playing good football, taking some big scalps along the way (mainly Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea) and a decent cup run. Yeah, losing your best players is frustrating but I'd say that frustration is just part of being a WH fan. Remember the club song has the lines "fortunes always hiding"and, "just like my dreams they fade and die". I'll take that over the triumphalism of "glory glory man utd" all day long.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|