View Single Post
Old 01.19.2019, 10:57 PM   #23348
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't seen Infinity War but I can guarantee you it isnt my cup of tea. I checked out of superhero movies when everyone told me that dreadful ass afterschool special Spiderman Homecoming was a good movie... oh, FUCK OFF. I say this as a rather passionate Spidey fan as well. You guys should see my basement: so much Spidey merch and comics. Raimi and the animators behind Spiderverse did the franchise right imho. I like adult spiderman putting his dick in things.

Only MCU movies I even fuck with are GotG and Winter Soldier. Xmen movies are dope too but not MCU. SYMBOLS WATCH THE DAREDEVIL SERIES ON NETFLIX soo good, best thing short of my dream Refn directed Moon Knight film

Symbols and I agree on quite a bit movie wise I think. These new blockbusters just feel so hollow and lifeless. Carbon copy cartoons. Lacking in tangibility, everything is too polished, and overly focus tested. Remember the Terminators? A New Hope? Lawrence of Arabia? Hell, even LotR! Movies felt epic af, and you actually cared about what was going on screen. Get off my fucking lawn.

Good movies make one feel high stakes over minimal events, but these movies leave me feeling nothing over scenarios where the stakes are supposedly insanely high.

I'm watching Solo rn. Using gf's Nettlix acct so I'm streaming off my phone via Chromecast to my frontroom tv. Testing out my vtg 70s Sony receiver and these equally vintage Olson S879 3 way speakers I have (surprising low end for a no name brand tbh) About halfway through so far. Gf fell asleep (shes a Synedoche NY Miyazaki kinda gal) so I have the film paused and I'm just sitting on my phone. I like it for what it is: a lighthearted romp. I'm getting vibes of those ol Young Indiana Jones spinoffs I had on vhs growing up... it's like Star Wars but they're kids!

So far, Solo suffers from the same fate of modern blockbusters where there's too much action, you dont really get to sit and breathe w the characters enough. They should have played into the obvious western film influences more a la Logan. Also i want puppets, CGI just never really gets much of a reaction out of me. Still, fun stuff so far and the inspiration from Guardians of the Galaxy is obvious. Nothing wrong with that. I like this movie for a lot of the reasons I disliked Spiderman Homecoming... weird. Idk I'm rambling.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|