View Single Post
Old 01.11.2019, 08:46 AM   #23284
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Fucking some magazine did a whole story on how “Bird Box is bad...” (oh, is it, magazine? Is it objectively bad? Wish you’d told me before I stupidly watched and moderately enjoyed it) “...so why do so many people like it?”

This was kind of infuriating to me. Giving a movie 3 stars out of 5 or whatever, or ranking it as a 6 out of 10 is one thing. You might not love it, but you know there are entertaining, enjoyable or interesting parts.

Just saying, fuckin’, “This is bad so why do you like it?” is some fucking snobby ass shit.

*Gasp!* Because maybe the critical consensus doesn’t dictate consumer opinion? Because maybe there is no such thing as objectively bad? And if there is, it’s ceetainly not measured by a bunch of critics?

It’s really not bad, just flawed and not great. I’d probably even watch it again.

PLUS... The score was done by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. I try to watch every movie they score because they do such a good job. This time, they weren’t given a ton of room to explore and tinker, so it kinda just sounds like a regular, occaialy intense, score, but there are some sweet moments.

Fuck you, magazine.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|