View Single Post
Old 08.02.2006, 07:01 PM   #138
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I can't help but read an accidental negative-Totalitarianism in that (And the world WILL be as ONE) and I find 'Imagine alll the people/ living for today' to be one of the most reprehensible sentiments imaginable. I shall offer no more, as Messr Instigator is, generally speaking, a top poster and not someone I can be arsed with arguing with.

I'm just going to say that I am talking from cold, hard, objective, ontological fact when I re-iterate it's the worst thing ever, apart from Bono.
I will agree with that, but my reasoning isn't derived from arguments of musical theory or academic relevance.

That song is a bland, nauseatingly naive, doped-up pile of excrement.

The only reason it has obtained the popularity that it has (mostly posthumously, I might add) is because for a space of about 15 years, give or take, soccer moms, potheads, and disillusioned bankers alike united in the common goal of licking John Lennon's asshole.

(This is not to say Lennon didn't have his merits, but your bowel movements would have to be interspersed with 10-carat diamonds for me to worship you like that.)

Catchy melody?
Thought-provoking lyrics?
Innovative instrumentation?

That would be a triple nay.

Aside from being written by an idealistic, unbathed, pussy-whipped hippie, that song is horrid simply because it is.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|