View Single Post
Old 12.05.2018, 11:04 AM   #398
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Personal taste is indeed personal. I've just always been surprised that people who like adventurous music seem to go in for Wilco. They had moments of experimentation but it was always kind of precious when it did happen. To my ears at least. And I like plenty of stuff that could definitely be called questionable. At best.

I’m actually not a Wilco diehard, and I’m not really that excited by the new Tweedy album, but I like it and when I remember Wilco exists, I enjoy their music.

Maybe people who like adventurous music like the fact that Wilco can be adventurous but can also be comfy and cozy and sweatpany. So could REM. So could Sonic Youth, actually.

So... weird thing to trigger your rage at mundane/basic music, since it’s really not that.

Don’t you enjoy well-done folk music? Mermaid Avenue is simple as can be, but very good.

Not all music needs to warp your mindhlole. Some of it can just be fun.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|