View Single Post
Old 11.28.2018, 11:32 PM   #23138
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
fassbinderks VERONIKA VOSS (1982)

been on a fassbinder roll lately, loving the misery of it all. veronika voss does not disappoint and delivers many glycerin tears oh yes.

this is kinda like sunset boulevard meets sirk on acid. lol “on acid”. what i mean is it’s shot old-school like a 50s movie in grainy black and white except there are weird light effects, reflections, glasses, out of place music, all sorts of effects calling attention to themselves, very brechtian, at the same time that a very tortured melodrama takes place, with frequent narrative jumps. bananas!

fucksakes it was all a great story, and while maria braun seemed more of an allegory of the german miracle i am not sure what this is, except an allegory of fassbinder’s life or something, because... ah, no spoilers.

anyway i hope i get to catch LOLA tomorrow, not sure if filmstruck will still be operational or till what hour, meaning, if it’s the last day of service or if it’s the day of the actual shutdown

fucksakes! this hurts. la puta madre...

if it fails i might watch the blue angel on youtube... appears to be there...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|