View Single Post
Old 09.04.2018, 03:49 PM   #552
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
He raps like a conspiated Nazi.

He isn’t as skilled as I think people believe. He was on 60 Minutes talking about how it pisses him off when people say no word rhymes with orange. (Enter a clip of him rhyming “four-inch heel” with “orange bill.”) Then he rattles off a few more words combinations that don’t actually prove that no word rhymes with orange. They just prove that if you pronounce things a certain way, you can act bitchy about people who say no words rhyme with orange.

Oh, then he talks about how you have to think of the “science” of language. Which is of course linguistics. And nothing he’s saying is or has anything to do with science. He’s taking about meter and phrasing.

Yeah, he sounded impressive in 1999. Definitely. Now it’s 2018 though, and nothing he’s said has made me look twice in almost 15 years.

I don’t know Lil Xan, but he’s probably a worse rapper and a more interesting person than Eminem, who for all his dexterity is one of the most limited artists in rap.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|