View Single Post
Old 09.02.2018, 09:28 AM   #548
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I'm not defending Eminem in general, nor the new one which I haven't heard and likely won't listen to,

but are you saying he sucks because he's not following current trends?

If he had made something that sounds like some piece of shit trappy soundcloud rap, you would've ranked his album higher?

No, you misunderstand me.
He tried to get a less dated sound this time. He recruited some more modern artists to help him out. He has Kendrick, Mike Will Made, even BON IVER has a feature — one apparently that Justin Vernon is not nuts about — so obviously he’s trying to do things differently, even if he’s saying that he doesn’t need to.

What I’m saying is that there’s a fundamental flaw in his logic and approach here. He’s mad because people say he’s tired and washed up, so what does he do to prove them wrong? Grabs a couple of current producers and then just repeats the same mistake he always makes of rapping ridiculously fast and thinking that somehow makes the music good.... OH, and let’s not forget homophobic slurs and murder jokes and skits and all the other things that have been on literally every Eminem album..

I’m saying his time is long over, no matter what he tries. No, I would not think better of the album if it sounded like Migos or something, bevause that’s not he answer either. Jay Z just had his biggest fail in years this year because he tried to sound like Migos. But if Em wanted to get another shot he’d have to do more than just add some Zaytoven beats and rap stupid fast, because that is not what anyone wants to hear. People still get by on rap chops alone, but speedrapping is just boring. He sounds like he’s trying so constipated-hard to prove a point about how great he was 20 years ago; when in reality — he *didn’t* rap like that 29 years ago. He took his time. It was kind of one of his stylistic hallmarks for a while at the start. “My Name is” might be the most casually rapped song of the late-‘90s.

But nah, the music is fucked no matter how he chooses to lack creativity — whether it’s by doing the same thing for the thousandth time (as he’s done here), or by doing what everyone else is doing right now (as you suggested), the music would suck and Eminem is dead... a seriously embarrassing pockmark on hip-hop music.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|