View Single Post
Old 09.01.2018, 05:46 PM   #5214
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
last one (promise)

at the very root of the western canon, and yet, like in academia, where people skip the readings and discuss the criticism instead, nobody reads this anymore, they just pretend.

bloodier and more violent than any pussy-ass tarantino movie, likely an inspiration for the wild bunch, which started it all, this book brings you back to the bronze age where we all come from, when we were guided by the gods but also had the same petty cares we have today. only difference was instead of sending the poors to do their killing for them, the rich manned the front lines and whacked each other to pieces, striving to be excellent in battle.

something out of this world really. not a flash in the pan, reads great after 3000 years.

I was gonna say you don’t have to sell me on Homer, but you’re right. I’ve never actually read The Iliad from start to finish... just talked about it a fuckload in various classes eons ago.
The last one you posted looks interesting.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|