View Single Post
Old 08.14.2018, 11:21 AM   #5178
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

why nobody talks about melville’s witty and hilarious prose?

i know i know im only one chapter in, but every sentence was packed with meaning, every sentence carried an actual thought, and many of those thoughts were funny as fuck, so i was laughing every paragraph.

i’m hooked (for now anyway) and will report when i get a chance.

First 150 pages or so are fantastic. Then it gets a bit dull and difficult. Let me know if/when you get there.

Tried and failed to read it since high school, but it finally hit me a few years ago. Still a few dead spots, but it really is a masterpiece. Just not for everyone.

After one gets through it, it becomes a GREAT book to pick up and read any random chapter when you have a few minutes to kill. I think you've already discovered that. Most quotable American novel?
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|