View Single Post
Old 08.14.2018, 08:41 AM   #5173
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i tried to read a couple of ursula leguin books from the 60s/70s... failed to stay awake

i tried reading a book of (previously) unpublished elmore leonard short stories... now i know why they were unpublished. i did like how one of them was written (“one, horizontal”) but while entertainingly told, it was a bit inconsequential.

then finally got started on moby dick...

you know how everybody talks about moby dick like this ponderous brick of old testament struggle?

it’s probably because they’re just repeating what evrybody else said haaa haaa haaa

why nobody talks about melville’s witty and hilarious prose?

i know i know im only one chapter in, but every sentence was packed with meaning, every sentence carried an actual thought, and many of those thoughts were funny as fuck, so i was laughing every paragraph.

i’m hooked (for now anyway) and will report when i get a chance.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|