View Single Post
Old 07.19.2018, 12:53 PM   #22662
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryHill51
A few you may check into:

1) Jim VanBebber's "Deadbeat At Dawn", or really any of VanBebber's stuff.

2) Christiane F.- very disturbing teen prostitution/drug addict German film from the 80's. One can feel the degradation and filth falling off the screen.

3) I don't think he's making trash cinema, but anything by Sion Sono (especially "Tokyo Tribe", which is an epic musical/Walter Hill Warriors rip off) is pretty off the rails.

4) Anything by Jorg Buttgereit. "Nekromantic" or "Schraam".

Some nice picks.

Some more suggestions at the ultra-trashy end ...

Russ Meyer and early (ie pre-Hairspray) John Waters are the gold standard, along with Paul Morrissey's films for Andy Warhol, although some people find those deadly-boring. Ditto Jack Smith's Flaming Creatures. Also at the more underground end is The Kuchar Brothers Hold Me While I'm Naked and Ken Jacob's Blonde Cobra.

More mainstream (relatively speaking) ...

Blood Feast - 60s no-budget gore-fest from H.G. Lewis. If The Cramps had made movies instead of music, they'd have probably looked a lot like Blood Feast.

The Astro-Zombies - The director TV Mikels earned the nickname '1 shot' because he refused to shoot any scene more than once. The films are grindhouse to the core and Astro-Zombies even feautures trash legend Tura Satana.

Death Race 2000 - Paul Bartel's 70s original is a must-see. Avoid the remakes and the recent 'sequel' though.

Basket Case - Perhaps more sleazy than trashy, but even so. One of my favourite films, period.

Return of the Living Dead - Essentially a spoof cash-in on Romero's zombie films but an 80s trash classic in its own right.

Hobo With a Shotgun - One of the better examples (alongside Planet Terror) of those post-Tarantino homages to trashy 70s-80s grindhouse films.

EDIT:

Some other honourable mentions:

Rat Ffink a Boo Boo - A 60s attempt at making a superhero film without a budget or a script.

Funhouse - Tobe Hooper's next film after Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I'm amazed Rob Zombie hasn't tried to remake this.

Piranha 3DD - Essentially Girls Gone Wild meets Roger Corman with a cameo from David Hasselhoff.

I could keep adding to this list forever so I'll stop now. ... or at least try to.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|