View Single Post
Old 07.16.2018, 10:16 AM   #10390
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I watched the final but wasn't really concentrating on it. I'd invested so much emotion into England that, when they went out, I just felt drained and in need of a break. I didn't watch any of England v Belgium. I just couldn't face it.
figured as much when your posting here paused

must have been quite a blow, but if you look back clinically (things are dawning on me as i review the whole cup) it all makes perfect sense, if you think, since getting jammed up against tunisia.

looking forward to the euro 2020 and beyond, france and belgium the clear superpowers; and france might rule for a generation because their team is so young.

croatia the revelation but i think due to age maybe at their peak here and downhill forward. don’t really know who comes after (pulisic not one of them lol) so i feel unable to predict.

sure croatia played great, but again retrospectively they had a difficult road in the easiest bracket and so 2nd place is right.

france knocked all the hard rivals with ease— they even shut down the mighty belgium. well-deserved cup. i think the reason we never saw a great display from them was simply because nobody was enough of a challenge to make them really suffer. were they ever against the ropes? i can’t recall a single instance. they’re in a league of their own almost.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|