View Single Post
Old 06.09.2018, 05:14 PM   #9437
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
My word on French players:
Forwards are good (Lemar will not probably play a lot, Fekir will be underused, when he's quite good).
In midfield, Pogba's feeling pressure and at last has delivered in his last games. He'll waste a lot in the last minutes though. And will be unconvincing once again. I wish Tolisso's used more.
Defenders... Umtiti and Varane will start in central positions. Are they really good together? Alas, Koscielny picked up an injury that ruled him out. He would have been the most convincing one. Substitutes Kimpembe and Rami won't be used much.
On the flanks, alas, that's worse. Deschamps selected Mendy and Sidibé. Mendy picked up an knee injury in the early stages of the 1997-98 Premier League and hasn't been back to his best yet. By far. Will he play 90 minutes? Nope. Hernandez will replace him now and then, and he’s way better than an out-of-form Mendy. On the other flank, that’s worse. Sidibé’s the one who should have started all games. He’s picked up an injury too, but not as alarming as Mendy’s. The problem is he’s a liability (USA today). More and more people would like to see Benjamin Pavard instead. Simply because Pavard does defend well, a thing Sidibé seldom do (Pavard is a bargain for Fantasy managers). I hope Deschamps picks him.
Goalkeepers : none of them are good. Nope. My favourite French keeper is Ruffier, who plays for Saint-Etienne, who neither plays the Champions League, nor the Europa League. Yet, he has not cost points to his team the way Lloris has for the last months (for club and country). Alas, Lloris is the French captain. You can’t dump him all of sudden and replace him with Ruffier who’s had only one cap and caused problems because he wanted to be the number one.
I’d say stay away from him if you manage a team, clean sheets will be hard to come by.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|