View Single Post
Old 05.05.2018, 09:15 PM   #22494
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
linklater’s SLACKER (1991)

it’s now on criterion, and streamable, and this is maybe the 4th time i see this? and it’s the time i’ve also liked it the most. strange, but it almost seems as if little has changed since then, except we now have the internet, and the jeans and the haircuts are different. maybe i live in a bubble. maybe i’m stuck there myself.

early on in the movie my wife commented on how it reminded her of altman, which i hadn’t notice, but of course now i know— it’s nashville! but in austin. and not even two decades later but it’s a whole other era & ethos and everything else. i watch nashville and i think “oh this is how it was”. i watch slackers and it feels a lot more like the present. not the same, but it’s pre and post reagan, ha ha ha ha. maybe reagan started a nuclear war and we’re already dead and stuck in bardo and haven’t noticed.

but anyway, yeah, a lot of fun to rewatch and more entertaining than earlier attempts. i remember the first time i was soooo boooored with it! and now i’m liking it ha ha ha ha. ok.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|