View Single Post
Old 04.29.2018, 06:39 AM   #22474
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
so the whole thing started on a light note

first thing was this thing i had never even heard of, A LITTLE ROMANCE (1979) feturing a superyoung diane lane , a kid who would later quit movies and become a dentist, laurence olivier doing a french accent, sally kellerman, . etc. about two thirteen year olds who go bananas for each other in paris (rich/poor american/french etc).

it’s fun and funny and, you know, nice, and it’s no critical masterpiece so dont know how it ended up on criterion (or is it filmstruck, hard to understand this app), but it’s a pleasant happy way to spend a spring afternoon with the lady. a bit like cinema paradiso last weekend, it’s a kind of movie lover’s movie (a lot of the plot and imagery revolves about movies here too, but here more limited).

i’m thinking due to timing + subject it might have been an inspiration for people like wes anderson or linklater. it’s definitely there.

later finally managed to see the marx brothers’ A NIGHT AT THE OPERA, which was completely ridiculous— and great. what is it about brothers that generates this particular sense of humor? it’s always brothers—these guys, or the stooges, or the zuckers, etc.

meanwhile been getting an eyeful of the curated lists and menus and more and don’t even know where to begin. wanted to find butch cassidy and the sundance kid and couldn’t find it there. or the sting (cuz they were important to that french thing). so it doesn’t have *everything* obviously but it has so much i don’t even know where to begin. guess it doesn’t matter ha ha ha ha.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|