View Single Post
Old 01.22.2018, 12:46 PM   #4899
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
nah man, you’re just a nazi-lover

but no, seriously, it’s somewhat separable. i don’t buy the puritan credo of moral absolutism that leads to witch burnings. i’m jesuitic in my moral reasoning i guess. i see a lot of grey areas in human life and accept many failings and contradictions and try to see the good in the shit.

but he still sucks ha ha ha ha ha. yeah.

Thanks. I guess I see it things the same way (for the *most* part, not always — for instance, that rapper who kidnapped his girlfriend and raped her and tortured her and held her hostage? Yeah, fuck that cunt. Even if his music was good I wouldn’t listen) ... but I appreciate your use of the word Jesuitic, as I think it’s definitely a good word for it, and one I can understand.

Anyhoo, as a scientifically-minded, journalistically-inclined reader, I have some problems with Lovecraft’s studied “style” or lack thereof — a conflagration of what he perceived to be academic, journalistic and philosophical, though I think he had only a fleeting grasp of what any of those styles actually looked like when done *well.*

He’s kinda like a Don Draper (sorry, still addicted to Mad Men, almost done with it tho!) ... an legitimately brilliant “idea man” with only a child’s understanding of the very things he aspired to be, and eventually became.

I still think it’s far from bad writing, but I have my beefs, to be sure. And he got better over time too.

But yeah ... racist fuck, for suresies.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|