I’m not sure if there’s enough interest to make a new gastropub for 2018, but I’m considering it. Partly because if I don’t I fear I’ll see “_tunic_’s electronic gastropub” and fuck that.
I’d like to keep the conversation of new and exciting electronic music going, but in all honesty I need your help. Last year saw a record low for me in new album purchases, and with life getting more complicated and less fun by the day, it’s hard to find time to listen to my favorite music, let alone find new music that doesn’t suck. So please throw your random discoveries and recommendations at me, and listen to mine. Keep me interested and I’ll try to do the same.
My most anticipated electronic release of 2018 (once again) the new DJ Koze album, which is apparently *actually* under construction right now... finally.
I’m also thirsty as fuck for something new from KidKanevil, who softly blew my mind out the back of my head with his 2014 album “My Little Ghost,” but has been almost completely silent since then.
Some great electronic releases came out in 2017. There was some truly great stuff. Like...
• Jlin - Black Origami
• Blanck Mass - World Eater
• Visible Cloaks - Reassemblage
• Arca - Arca
• Botany - Raw Light II
• Sampha - Process
• Actress - AZD
• Fever Ray - Plunge
• DJ Sports - Modern Species
• Mount Kimbie - Love What Survives
• Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch - “Blade Runnet 2049” OST (probably would have been even better if Jˇhann Jˇhannsson had stayed involved, but still great)
• Hype Williams - Rainbow Edition
• Four Tet - New Energy
• Ben Frost - The Center Cannot Hold
• Oneohtrix Point Never - “Good Time” OST
• Nathan Fake - Providence
• Emptyset - Borders
• Bonobo - Migration
And others I can’t remember just now.
So. Let’s keep chatting up the bleeps and bloops as they