View Single Post
Old 12.23.2017, 09:43 AM   #10
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
btw I listened to Negativelandīs Escape From Noise. I was not blown away by it. it is good, the idea is very nice, soundbites or samples are mixed, cut and poduced very professionally. I love (I would call it) "radio techniques programming" stuff. I was just missing something that would attract me.

To further this discussion and not hijack the “most anticipated 2018” thread, I figured it best to post my reply here.

Escape From Noise is one Negativeland release I can stomach in longer doses.

Since starting this thread, Vicki Bennett, of, People Like Us, who host, DO/DIY On WFMU tells a story about her meeting, Mark Hosler.

In the late 80’s, Vicki was living in, Brighton and there was a knock at her door. Mark Hosler, who was on holiday, asked a hippie in town where the “weird music people” lived. Mark was looking for the person who had sampled one of his bands (Negativland) songs......that person was, Genesis P-Orridge. Vicki invited Mark in, he stayed for dinner and before leaving, Mark gives Vicki his new cassette: Eascape From Noise

A few years later, Vicki Bennett met, Don Joyce and would appear / make contributions over the telephone from Brighton, England, LIVE as the radio show was airing: Baby Makes Three is a brief glimpse into one of Don’s shows.

Genesis Breyer P-Orridge Diagnosed With Leukemia

אש זרה

A Friend Of The Devil Is A Friend Of Mine
If I Get Home Before Daylight
I Just Might Get Some Sleep Tonight - GD

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|