View Single Post
Old 12.06.2017, 01:44 AM   #9
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
While the enterviews above cover a good deal of the “original” Negativeland, Wobbly made it clear that when he joined the group, Don Joyce decided that Negativeland would no longer use old source sounds......they would now only use newly acquired material.

While I appreciate the approach Negativland uses to capture, sample and record source material, much of their stuff is hit and miss with me. The more whimsical and gimmicky looney tune sounds is fine in short burst……like on a mixtape, but I’m just not disciplined enough to listen to that for 40-minutes to an hour.

Deathsentences of the Polished and Structurally Weak, released in 2002, is one of their most important releases. Mostly soundscapes to Accompany the booklet that is included with it.

Free, released in 1993, was the bands first effort to record a CD......not an album with a Side A and Side B. The opening track, Freedom’s Waiting, features Steve Fisk, who produced: Nirvana, Screaming Trees and Soundgarden.

Lastly, Dispepsi and Escape From Noise are worth your attention when time allows.

thanks for da suggestions. will definitely check those mentioned.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|