View Single Post
Old 10.29.2017, 12:22 PM   #2
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i pay $100 a year for amazon *prime* which gives me 2-day shipping on all purchases

since i live in the sticks i depend on amazon for things as diverse as edible rarities (salts, sweeteners, supplements), car parts (eg, 1/2 price vs. o’reillys on moog front-end parts), tools and electronics, etc.

having 2-day “free” (i.e. included in price) shipping on any order is important for my supply chain + inventory control. otherwise amazon free shipping takes 4-5 days and you need a minimum size order then you have to wait for things to add up then you’re out of what you needed and then it takes long to arrive. cumbersome. so prime is worth it for me. the tv is just frosting.

so, yeah, i get free tv from amazon and i’m binge-watching OZ on it at the moment. they have movies too. and if you need to rent something extra (i do every now and then, for things not available anywhere else) it comes via the same interface.

beyond the free tv and movie offerings you can subscribe separately to “channels” that bring on premium tv (eg showtime) or seasonal selections.

on top of that it comes with a bunch of other user benefits, some of which i never use: photo storage... free books... i forget what else. oh yeah, a curated music app (it has a wide but limited selection—you pay more if you want “unlimited’). the app will also play for you anything you ever bought from amazon as CD or mp3 etc.

if you wanna try it out without committing for a year it’s something like $10 monthly— cheaper than commercial free hulu i think and cheaper than a 2-screen netflix.

oh, the local libray has a ton of dvds including new stuff they buy as it comes out. so i go there once a week to resupply.

as for hardware: i used to have a roku back in ancient times but no more (since i have bad internet and streaming doesn’t work here.) also had the tv/blu-ray player apps. so now we just take the phone to “town”, offline stuff there and hook it up to the tv at home with an hdmi adapter.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|