View Single Post
Old 09.29.2017, 10:52 PM   #3157
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
"You know, I'd get it if people were just looking for a way to fill the holes. But they WANT the holes. They wanna LIVE in the holes. And they go NUTS when someone else pours dirt in their holes. CLIMB OUT OF YOUR HOLES, PEOPLE!"

Take it up with the professor:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hawking#Religion

Thanks for the thoughtful reply to the things I said.

Gotta be honest, I’m a little peeved about this now. I’m obviously not making a case for religion. I’m saying belief in god in and of itself is harmless, and anyone who claims to definitively know that God doesn’t exist is too dumb to warrant my time or energy.

You call it “God,” I call it “Superman” or “Doctor Who,” or the feeling you get when you hear “Inagine” or make fall in love, or hope.

Fuck you if you think there’s anything wrong with that. I’m about as science-minded as they come, but I choose to believe that a fantasy that can’t be disproven at this point in our evolution might be true. When the concept of God becomes falsifiable, I’ll stop believing and probably be a little sadder for it.

If you really think that’s more damaging than conning people into believing tax cuts for the wealthy will save them, then I’d say you’re making some weird comparisons, and not doing anything to benefit your own argument.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|