View Single Post
Old 09.27.2017, 09:48 PM   #3145
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Also from The Washington Post:

Tax reform is 'not good for me, believe me,' Trump said. Don't.

This is when shit gets scary for me. Believing in magical tax cuts that pay for themselves is worse than believing in God. (OK, it's close, but still). Not that these fuckers necessarily believe in them. If they defend them on principle, they're idiots; if they do because it's good for their yachts, they are fucking evil.

https://news.google.com/news/story/d...M2RDtgDM?hl=en

It’s way worse than believing in god. Believing in God in and of itself doesn’t do anything or affect anyone adversely. Just believing in god is a totally internal consequence-free act for anyone but the believer. Also, there’s nothing wrong with it, even if you think it’s dumb. There’s something wrong with allowing belief in a bogus ancient tome to affect public policy, or the way you parent your kids, but just believing in god is not “bad.”

I believe in god, but if you looked at my life, choices, politics, etc. you’d swear I was an atheist. It’s a thing that lives in my brain that I know is irrational, so I treat it as a flight of fancy.

Believing in magical tax cuts that pay for themselves results in voting for people who believe in that. It also makes you a shitty financial steward and a shitty participant in the economy, so there are consequences.

Belief in god, by itself, should not offend or upset anyone. Acting crazy based on religious nonsense is different.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|