View Single Post
Old 09.17.2017, 06:29 PM   #1716
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
this past week more or less i've been chillin with old episodes of 3RD ROCK FROM THE SUN (they're all on amazon).

i didn't remember it so well but i find myself laughing hard every time. i know it's a lot less iconic than seinfeld, which was its contemporary, but i find the characters tons more likeable, and in the end i laugh more, and more freely, with their absurdities.

it also helps that i find myself lost and disoriented by the cultural rituals of others so i empathize tons with the aliens i guess.

plus it often has a kind of 3 stooges aspect that i appreciate

i remember trying to watch seinfeld reruns last year and it was like a chore so i quit trying. truth is, i never liked jerry himself, or his standup. george was always hilarious and kramer too before we found out he was a racist and he ruined the memories. so i prefer curb your enthusiasm, in which larry is permanently the malconnected and neurotic outsider, and there's no jerry to kill the mood-- ha ha!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|