View Single Post
Old 09.14.2017, 11:31 AM   #3048
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
haven't, but i will today

--

btw have been racking my brains since yesterday about the notion of fighting without violence. how the fuck does one ever do that? at some point anyone starts to get triggered. you see a threat, you attack-- yes?

but i promised when this whole shitfest started that i'd do my best to stay sane in spite of the evils unleashed. and so i did that by detaching a bit and trying to stay above the fray. but i've been listening to amy goodman too much and holy shit is this a nightmare. this thread was the last straw

anyway i gotta get to work now but uffffffff... these are heavy days for me

let me know if this is any good. found link but haven't had time to watch yet

https://www.ted.com/talks/scilla_elw...h_non_violence

I've been having an ongoing inner debate about the violence issue myself. I made the same decision you did, to stay above it as much as possible, but I've been having trouble with that lately. I'm not going to start participating or inciting anything violent — not yet anyway — but I agree, it's becoming more and more difficult to maintain a position of unwavering pacifism.

I don't have an answer. But I will check that video out.

(You should watch Alex Jones as Bon Iver though. it made me laugh like crazy, despite everything.)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|