View Single Post
Old 09.11.2017, 03:34 PM   #3016
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Holy shit.

Went to youtube. Looked for vid. Found it, but couldn't stand the applauding comments. "A little less bad language would be nice" was most scathing criticism.

So I go to another channel. Same thing. Another. Another. Another.

They love him.

Jesus fuck he could win.

there was a washington post article today about st augustine's "city of god" in light of/remembrance of 9/11-- the writer happened to teach that text that day as the towers crumbled.

one of the points that augustine makes (i'll confess, i've never been much interested in reading him until now) is how civilizations can suddenly collapse. he wrote it seems in the aftermath of the fall of rome, and claimed that those who pursued the mastery of others were doomed to fail in the end.

while some may dispute this and argue that rome actually just changed hands rather than fall, it seems to have been perceived as a sudden collapse of power by augustine and his contemporaries.

i don't know if this is the end of anything at all, but i know that ends can come quicker than anyone expects. so i guess the lesson is to always expect them quickly, and be ready for what may come.

with this im not endorsing alpacalypse scenarios by the way. but history clearly hasn't "ended" as fools claimed at the end of the last century. the shit will keep hitting the fan one way or another, always.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|