View Single Post
Old 09.09.2017, 07:05 PM   #746
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Glad to hear it. lol.

Actually, some of my friends were fawning over him briefly on Facebook a few months ago, so I have definitely heard his stuff before. I remember feeling like there was something dark and Morrissey- or Lana Del Rey-esque about it. Maybe a bit of pop subversion going on, what with the über darkness and whatnot, least in the track I'm thinking of. But in general, I found nothing about it particularly inviting or appealing about it. Sounded pretty basic. Nuts and bolts post-Gucci street hip hop. Nothing special going on.

It's insane, but have you noticed there's been a bit of a kickback at Kendrick lately? Like, he got too big and now he has these horses of haters. Anyway, one friend of a friend said something like, "I can't believe people think Kendrick's the best when this kid's out there making real hip-hop."

Laughable. I'd rather listen to Kendrick Lamar fart in his sleep or fap it to pictures of my girlfriend than spend a single penny on this little bitchass motherfucker.
I know he's had some trappy stuff before, but the songs on this album are either very poor, dumbed down versions of Kendrick (think dark, sad Kendrick, a la "Sing About Me" or "u.") or very poor, dumbed down attempts at sad acoustic guitar music, a la Elliott Smith.

He had a stupid fucking line that went "nobody wants death / 'cause nobody wants life to end", which as soon as I noticed, made me feel like deleting the tape and never listening to it again.

His fans credit him for being "versatile", but the truth is he just attempts a lot of different genres and he's no more than average at all of them.

Yeah that is dumb, Kendrick is still far ahead of his competition.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|