View Single Post
Old 08.27.2017, 12:28 PM   #732
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Louder, I was a little confused at first when you pointed to "Marcy Me" as one of your favorite tracks from 4:44, but I've given that album a veritable fuck ton of play now, and I totally see where you were/are coming from.
It's some of the best shit Jay has dropped lyrically in the second half of his career. At first I thought I i could hear the "gears lurching" (so to speak) when Jay maneuvered some of those weird syllables, but now I'm just really baffled by how excellent the rapping and lyrics are on this track.

These are some of the lines I think he's ever written:

Quote:
Hold a Uzi vertical, let the thing smoke
Y'all flirtin' with death, I be winkin' through the scope
Shout out to all the murderers turned murals... plural, fuck the Federal Bureau
Shout out to Nostrand Ave., Flushing Ave., Myrtle
All the County of Kings, may your ground stay fertile
Shout out to Big Poppa, Daddy Kane, heroes
Thus concludin' my concerto

"Y'all flirting with death, I be winkin' through the scope" ... Wow.

He's truly one of the best. This single set of lyrics makes every rapper posing as a badass look like an utter pussy by comparison. And it does it with class.

Jay came through. I remember why I was such a devotee of his for so long. Behind everything, all the glitz and all the deals and all the stupid videos and bullshit, he's a legitimate master craftsman.

HOV.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|