View Single Post
Old 07.21.2017, 06:36 PM   #48929
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I agree it's an amazing version but I never understood your disdain for the album version.

"Beat it! Beat it!"

Also, the recording quality is demo-grade. The Wishkah version manages to capture the rumbling tension and foreboding of those chords in the verse. It properly captures the intensity of the song. It's neither too shrill nor too "live" and unclear sounding. It's just a great fucking take of a truly great song that wasn't even done yet when the studio version was recorded... far as I'm concerned.

Figure they needed a year or two to sing that "beat it!" shit before they realized how dumb it sounded.

I didn't even really NOTICE that song until Wishkah came out. It was just one of the songs I skipped 90% of the time. Then Wishkah showed me the truth... that it's one of the best rock tunes the band ever created.

Wishkah = definitive. So definitive that the studio version doesn't even exist for me.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|